Books that we – the grown up and the kids – love. A rough list that will likely change over time.
- Mommy Loves Me
- Ten Little Rabbits by Virginia Grossman
- Chugga Chugga Choo Choo by Kevin Lewis, illustrated by Daniel Kirk
- Monsters Don’t Eat Broccoli by Barbara Jean Hicks, illustrated by Sue Hendra
- I’m the Biggest Thing in the Ocean
- Mr. Seahorse by Eric Carle
- Olivia Forms a Band. We love that moment while they eat their picnic dinner, wait for night to descend, and the first firework shoots high up into the air.
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Supposedly, a story of a boy and a mouse but parents know who the boy is and who the mouse is but somehow my children never seem to catch on….
- Books by Don & Audrew Wood: King Bidgood’s in the Bathtub and The Red, Ripe Strawberry, the Hungry Mouse and the Big Hungry Bear
- Sophie’s Squash
- Issun Boshi
- Little Dini Dinosaur
- Elephant & Piggie books – any of them but especially Let’s Go For a Drive and We are in a Book!
- Charlie & Lola books
For older readers:
- The Saga of Erik the Viking
- The Jungle Book by Kipling
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
- The Wizard of Oz by Frank Baum. This one caused the 6 (now 7) year old to ponder for weeks whether she thought the brain, the heart, or courage were most important.
- Amulet (graphic novel series)